Call for Applications: Deputy Editor International Psychogeriatrics
Application Deadline: EXTENDED TO 31 December 2020
Applicants are being sought for the position of Deputy Editor of International Psychogeriatrics (IPG), the prestigious academic journal (2019 impact factor – 2.94) owned by the International Psychogeriatric Association (IPA) and currently published twelve times per year by Cambridge University Press (CUP). The appointment will be for three years (January 2021 to December 2023) and the successful applicant will be eligible for re-appointment for a second three-year term (2023-2025) as determined by the IPG Editor-in-Chief (EIC).
Qualifications and Job Description for the Deputy Editor position are given below.
All interested candidates should apply electronically by submitting the following by 31 December 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Statement of Interest and Eligibility – no longer than two double-spaced typed pages in length
- 3 references, including at least one current member of the IPA
The deadline for application has been extended to 31 December 2020. Enquiries about the responsibilities of the position may be addressed to the EIC, Dilip Jeste, MD (email@example.com) and/or to the IPA Executive Director, Kate Filipiak (firstname.lastname@example.org) and will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
. IPG Deputy Editor Qualifications & Job Description
- Full Member of IPA at the time of application and duration of appointment
- Commitment to the mission of IPG and IPA
- Ability to commit the time and effort needed to execute the duties of the job
- Demonstration of ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Established record of excellence in the field of geriatric mental health
- Prior journal experience preferably as an associate editor or serving on an editorial board
- An excellent grasp of the review process, ethical and conflict of interest issues on a global scale
- Sharing the vision of the EIC for IPG. This includes the skills of long-term strategic planning and commitment to moving IPG forward in terms of its impact on the specialty on a global scale
- Ability to stay on the forefront of new developments in academic publishing, communication venues, and social media
- Willingness to act as an advocate for IPG at the local, national, and international levels
- Oversee high level decisions on papers with controversial or disputed decisions (rebuttals, declined articles, or decisions to reformat) in consultation with the EIC.
- Responsible for initial decisions of new submissions – rapid rejection or peer review as assigned by the EIC.
- Liaison with the EIC and Managing Editor on plans regarding Thematic issues.
- Serve as an additional reviewer of Thematic issue manuscripts and any rapid publication articles that need swift revision.
- Participate with the EIC and the social media editor on electronic media dissemination.
- Join conference calls with the EIC and Managing Editor every quarter.
- Solicit submissions for Reviews, Commentaries, etc.
- In conjunction with the EIC, develop new initiatives as needed to promote the Journal.
- The Statistical Editor is responsible for setting statistical standards for papers to be published and review methodology and statistical analyses of relevant data-based papers submitted to the IPG.
- Deputy Editors cannot maintain a concurrent position as an associate editor or deputy editor with another Journal during the term of appointment. The appointment will be for three years, subject to satisfactory annual review. At the end of the appointment, upon the decision of the EIC, he or she may be reappointed to the position for a single extended term.