Nominate an investigator for an AAIC Lifetime Achievement Award
Nomination Deadline: 19 February 2019
The Alzheimer's Association International Conference® (AAIC®) Lifetime Achievement Awards honor individuals who have made significant fundamental contributions to Alzheimer's research, either through a single scientific discovery or a body of work. As a member of the Alzheimer's research community, you can help to recognize senior investigators in the field who have demonstrated a lifetime commitment to progress and have established a lasting impact in research, leadership or mentorship.
The awards will be presented during AAIC 2019, 14-18 July 2019 in Los Angeles, USA. These prestigious awards were named in honor of Henry Wisniewski, M.D., Ph.D.; Khalid Iqbal, Ph.D.; and Bengt Winblad, M.D., Ph.D., the co-founders of the conference now known as AAIC.
Submit your nomination by 19 February 2019.
- Internationally recognized and demonstrates a commitment to Alzheimer's and dementia treatment and research.
- Published Alzheimer's and dementia research results in significant peer-reviewed journals.
- Demonstrate a current or past affiliation to a major academic or research/treatment institution(s). Affiliations to government, industry, and non-profit organizations are eligible.
- Presented to an individual investigator. Institutions or organizations are not eligible for the award.
- Must be present at AAIC 2019 to receive the award; in the case of extenuating circumstances, the recipient may designate an individual to accept the award on his or her behalf.
- Nominees from the following categories are not eligible for consideration:
- Posthumous nominees
- Previous Lifetime Achievement Award recipients
- Members of the AAIC Scientific Program Committee
There are no restrictions in regard to race, gender, nationality, geographic location or religious or political views.