25 February: GAROP/IFA Webinar
VIEW RECORDED WEBINAR HERE
From our friends at the Global Alliance for the Rights of Older People (GAROP) and the International Federation on Ageing (IFA), following please find information on their next Webinar:
25 February 2021
10:00 AM EST (See local time)
The 11th Session of the UN Open-Ended Working Group on Ageing (OEWG) will take place from 29 March - 1 April 2021.
This webinar is an opportunity for those interested or active in advocacy for the human rights of older people to learn more about activities underway locally and at the United Nations. It will explore the following questions:
- How adequate is the international human rights framework with respect to the human rights of older persons?
- How has our understanding of human rights in older age grown through the sessions of the Open-Ended Working Group on Ageing?
- What has the COVID-19 pandemic told us about older people’s rights?
- What can you do now to prepare for the 11th Open-Ended Working Group session?
Moderated by Dr. Kiran Rabheru, Chair of the Global Alliance for the Rights of Older People, this webinar will feature interventions from the following expert speakers:
- Ms. Margaret Gillis, President of the International Longevity Centre - Canada
- Mr. Rio Hada, Team Leader of Economic, Social and Cultural Rights at the UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights
- Ms. Bridget Sleap, Senior Rights Policy Advisor at HelpAge International
- Ms. Margaret Young, Founder of AgeKnowble