IPA 2020 Congress Goes Virtual
After continuous monitoring of the evolving situation with COVID-19, the International Psychogeriatric Association (IPA) is announcing the 2020 IPA Congress, scheduled to take place 2-5 October 2020, will now be conducted as a Virtual Congress on Friday and Saturday of the original meeting dates: 2-3 October 2020!
The 2020 IPA Virtual Congress will:
- Replace the in-person meeting
- Adapt the keynote, symposia, and oral and poster presentations to a virtual environment
- Provide attendees with live-streamed content, where you can interact with speakers, as well as prerecorded session content
- Offer continuing education credit hours
Topic areas will include:
- Advances in managing geriatric depression, anxiety, and dementia-related disorders
- Novel biological and technology-based therapies
- Palliative care
- Active and healthy aging
- Caregiver issues
- And other topics
For those who cannot attend the Virtual Congress on its scheduled dates, all recorded content will be available online for future access and continuing education credits.
The Virtual Congress agenda and registration will be available online starting 1 June 2020.
Additionally, save the date for the special IPA webinar “COVID-19, social distancing and its impact on the social and mental health of the elderly population” on 23 May 2020. In this webinar we will hear the first-hand experiences from front line care providers from around the world. International speakers will share insights on the impact of COVID-19 on the mental health of older individuals. A significant portion of the webinar will be devoted to Q&A. Stay tuned for registration information.