NEW - SCHOLARSHIPS NOW AVAILABLE!
For those interested in applying for a scholarship, please see the registration link below for more information.
In collaboration with the Institute of Cognitive Neurology (INECO) Foundation and Universidad Favaloro in Buenos Aires, Argentina, the IPA has launched a new Spanish-language online course to provide initial training in Psychogeriatrics to address growing needs in Latin America.
Latin America is producing a rapid process of ageing of its population and many countries in this region have achieved proportions similar to that of developed countries. This rise in the number of elderly people has generated a major increase in the prevalence and incidence of psychogeriatric disorders in this population.
However, in Latin America, there are limited opportunities in the quantity and quality of the knowledge of Psychogeriatrics provided within the regular curricula of geriatric and psychiatric training. For example, two studies carried out in Argentina showed that while more than 50% of workers linked to mental health problems attend to people over 65 years of age, less than 10% report having a minimum training in Psychogeriatrics.
The first round of courses will launch online beginning 4 June 2018.
- The course has been developed with the "online" mode so as to be accessible to working professionals who may have limited time.
- This first course is presented in Spanish.
- It includes six 1-hour modules.
- Attendees have access to a weekly forum to exchange views with teachers and colleagues.
- There is a final exam online and attendees who pass the course will receive a certificate of accreditation from the IPA, INECO, and the Universidad Favaloro.
- Registration fee: $1,000 USD (includes testing & accreditation).