Walk the Camino
One Day Pilgrim's Way Trip: 30 August 2019 - Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Join others attending the IPA/ SEPG Joint International Congress in Santiago de Compostela, Spain on this one day guided hike.
- Full day, guided trip
- Friday, 30 August 2019
- Depart from Santiago de Compostela by bus at 9:00am
- Total walking distance 14km/ 8.7 miles (approx 3 hours of walking)
- Lunch and transportation included
- 55€ per person (includes taxes)
Experience the Pilgrim’s Way to Santiago de Compostela by walking a small part of the French trail.
At 9:00 AM you will depart from Santiago de Compostela towards Arzúa.
You will arrive there before 10:00 AM and you will start the stage that goes from Arzúa to O Pedrouzo. You will go across Galician woods filled with chestnuts, pine trees and other botanical species of the area, and you will admire some of the most typical examples of Galician popular architecture, such as hórreos and cruceiros, as you go through tiny villages located in the countryside.
At approximately 13:00 PM you will arrive to Restaurant A Esquipa (Salceda), where you will enjoy lunch.
Around 15:00 PM you will continue by bus to the outskirts of Santiago de Compostela, and you will walk the last km, finishing at Obradoiro Square, the ending point of the pilgrimage.
Upon arrival, you will also discover the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela on a guided tour of one of the most impressive constructions in the city.
- 9:00 am: Departure from Santiago by Bus
- 9:50 am: Arrival in Arzua
- 10:00 am: Start of the walk from Arzua
- 13: 00 pm: Lunch at the restaurant A Esquipa (Salceda)
- 15:00 pm: Departure by bus to Santiago
- 15:30 pm: Arrival at the Monument to the Pilgrim, and walk to Santiago
- 16:20 pm: Approximate arrival at Obradoiro Square for a tour of the Cathedral with audio-guide
Register and payment: email@example.com
55€ per person (includes taxes)
No refunds allowed.
The walk does include a few steep inclines, but is set at a moderate pace. You do not need to be a skilled hiker to enjoy this walk. However, it will take place rain or shine, so please plan accordingly.
For more information, please contact the planning office at firstname.lastname@example.org