Mission and Vision
To advance our members and the geriatric mental health of older people everywhere through education, research, professional development, advocacy, health promotion and service development.
To be the premier professional society for all geriatric mental healthcare professionals dedicated to improving the mental health of older people everywhere.
Strategic Plan: Goal Areas
- Professional Community
- Advancement of Practice
- Service Excellence
To support our members as a conduit for connection and collaboration that enhance their expertise
- Provide the most recent and relevant resources about the field.
- Develop a membership strategy that addresses the needs of the profession.
- Increase the participation of members and opportunities to connect and collaborate with one another in the IPA Member Forums:
Professional Discipline, Regional Initiative and Shared Interest.
- Increase the participation of IPA Affiliate organizations.
- Continue meaningful collaboration/partnership with other organizations on behalf of the Psychogeriatrics community.
To provide our members with the information and resources they need to excel in our profession and improve the mental health of older people.
- Increase the opportunities and accessibility for IPA members to learn through high-quality, relevant education programs.
- Develop and improve resources to help members in their practice and with their staff.
- Expand the regional meetings and annual Congress to ensure continued growth, value and accessibility as the premier educational events for geriatric mental healthcare professionals.
- Provide the most recent and relevant care and research information through the IPA journal, International Psychogeriatrics, and continue to increase the Impact Factor.
Advancement of Practice
To expand and enhance the care and research in the field of Psychogeriatrics.
- Foster more connection and collaboration among key opinion leaders.
- Facilitate the sharing of information about current and future initiatives in the field of Psychogeriatrics.
- Investigate and develop common understandings of issues in the field.
To provide exemplary service to our members.
- Continue to develop the IPA Secretariat capabilities and provide IPA staff with professional development opportunities that help our staff excel in job performance and process innovation.
- Leverage technology to improve members’ experience and access to and understanding of IPA’s programs, products and service relevant to their professional needs.
- Optimize member value by improving operational performance at all levels.