2020 IPA International Congress: Abstracts NOW OPEN
Workshop, Abstracts & Award submissions NOW OPEN for the 2020 IPA International Congress
The International Psychogeriatric Association (IPA) invites you to submit an abstract for the 2020 International Congress taking place 2-5 October in Lisbon, Portugal. The Scientific Committee is now accepting submissions for the following categories:
- Workshop, Symposia and Invited Symposia Presentations
- Free/Oral Communication Presentations
- Poster Presentations
IMPORTANT - Please note the following DEADLINES for Abstract submission (all deadlines 11:59pm CDT US):
- Workshop & Symposium Deadline: 7 February 2020
- Free/Oral Abstract Deadline: 20 March 2020
- Poster Abstract Deadline: 30 April 2020
Additional Congress information can be found at the 2020 IPA International Congress website.
Junior Research Award Submissions:
Presented every year at the IPA International Congress, these awards are presented to professionals who are beginning their careers in geriatric mental health. Researchers from all disciplines, cultures, and nations are encouraged to apply.
In conjunction with their presentation at the Congress in Lisbon, Portugal each Junior Research Award recipient will receive:
- US $1,500 toward travel and accommodations
- One (1) complimentary Congress registration
- Complimentary one-year membership in IPA
Deadline for nominations is 10 April 2020. Please see this IPA Awards site for more information and eligibility.
Distinguished Service Award Submissions:
During each IPA Congress, IPA recognizes those who have provided extraordinary service and contributions to geriatric mental health in three distinct categories: the field of psychogeriatrics, Congress host country, and the IPA organization. For IPA, there is no greater honor.
At this time the IPA Board of Directors invites members to submit nominations in all three categories. More information including submission requirements can be found on this IPA Awards page. Deadline for nominations is 1 May 2020.
If you cannot participate as a presenter, we hope you will consider joining us as an attendee. You are certain to enhance your professional development while networking with peers from around the globe. IPA is dedicated to offering you quality educational programs in the ever-progressing field of psychogeriatrics.
Here's what attendees from the 2019 IPA/SEPG Joint International Congress in Santiago de Compostela had to say:
- "Excellent collegiality, networking opportunities."
- "Outstanding venue for practioners from all over the world to share ideas with aim of improving healthcare outcomes for vulnerable population."
- "Fantastic collection of speakers on a wide range of topics relevant to my practice"
- "I like the way the conference included multidisciplinary teams working together and the conference is
We look forward to seeing you this October in Lisbon!