Submission Deadlines (all deadlines 11:59pm CDT US):
- Pre-Congress Workshops and Symposia Presentations – CLOSED
- Free/Oral Communication Presentations – CLOSED
- Poster Presentations – CLOSED
- Late-Breaking Abstracts (Free/Oral and Posters Presentations ONLY) - Open Now through 17 February
The following guidelines address key factors that the Committee considers when reviewing abstracts. Attention to these details will assist the Committee in making their decision.
Congress presentation types:
Pre-Congress Workshops – Sponsorship/Funding Required
- Workshops are scheduled for June 29
- Either ½ day or full day presentations
Symposia Presentations - General:
- Symposia are 90 minutes in duration and typically include 3 – 4 presentations. Please plan your submission based on a 20-25 minute time frame depending on the total number of speakers in your symposium.
- As part of the symposium abstract submission, the Symposium Coordinator should provide an overview of the symposium of approximately 350 words in the “Abstract Upload” section.
- If you are submitting additional abstracts for individual presentations (up to 4 presenters) the coordinator should upload these abstracts in the “Additional Abstract Upload” section
- You may include images and tables with your abstract, but they are not required.
Free/Oral Communication Presentations
- Free/Oral Communication Presentations are approximately 10-12 minutes in duration.
- Abstracts for each individual symposium presentation can be up to 350 words.
- You may include images and tables with your abstract, but they are not required
- Abstracts must be in English.
- The maximum number of words in the abstract body is 350 – upload pdf file
- Generic drug names may be used, but commercial (product, brand) drug names are not allowed anywhere in the presentation.
- Authors may edit and modify their abstracts until the abstract submission deadline. However, no further edits or modifications will be permitted after the deadline.
- We suggest the use of the following categories to structure your abstract
- Authors may select their presentation type preference, but the Scientific Committee will make the final decision after review. The presentation types are as follows:
- Pre-Congress Workshops
- Symposia Presentations
- Free/Oral Communication Presentations
- Poster Presentations
- Abstracts received after the above deadlines will not be considered for review. It is the author's responsibility to submit a correctly edited and accurate abstract. Any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific fact will be reproduced as typed by the author.
- Acknowledgement of the receipt of abstract submission will be sent to the Submitting Author's e-mail address.
Please contact the IPA office at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or concerns with submission.