IPA Announces Call for Web Editor
JOB TITLE: Website and Social Media Editor
POSITION REPORTS TO: IPA Board of Directors
GENERAL SUMMARY: The IPA Website and Social Media Editor is responsible for the professionalism, quality, functionality and timeliness of the content on the IPA website and social media strategies, reflecting the IPA core values, mission and strategic plan.
The Website and Social Media Editor has executive responsibility for:
- Establishing and maintaining website editorial guidelines and processes
- Soliciting and obtaining website content from prospective authors
- Responding to correspondence with authors and potential authors
- Making final decisions regarding new content and content revisions
- Setting and enforcing deadlines
- Approving all Internet links to and from the IPA website
- Reviewing, editing and approving website content to be posted
- Analyzing opportunities for new mobile applications and strategies
- Utilizing best practices for organizing, managing and maintaining web and social media content
- Providing oversight to IPA social networking strategies, including Facebook and Twitter
- Offering rapid response to social media comments requiring medical expertise
- Proposing innovative website, Internet and social media ideas to keep the IPA competitive
- Leading editorial conference calls with Communication and Membership Manager and Executive Director to discuss matters of content, policy, and innovation
- Presenting disputed content/editorial and technology decisions to the Board of Directors
- Coordinate with the Editors of the Bulletin and International Psychogeriatrics to bring content to the website
- Coordinate with the IPA Member Forums to bring content to the website
- Develop opportunities for advertising and/or sponsorships
General understanding of and experience in a wide range of personal computing, Internet, web publishing technologies, app technologies and applicable new Internet/social media technologies.
A schedule that permits timely interactions with related staff; as well as interactions with other members of Association.
Current active membership in IPA.
Please email email@example.com for more information or to submit your interest.